Dr Ali Sharafi MBBS, FRACP
Sunshine Coast Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists
Buderim Private Hospital Medical Centre
12 Elsa Wilson Drive
BUDERIM QLD 4556
|BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER
07 5478 4360
07 5478 0313
Located on Buderim Private Hospital Campus
Dr Ali Sharafi established the Sunshine Coast Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists practice based at Buderim Private Hospital in January 2016.
The practice provides the most up-to-date and evidence-based practices to the local community and will employ an expert dietitian, a credentialed diabetes educator and a psychologist.
The practice offers comprehensive endocrine and diabetes care, including:
- Thyroid disorders, thyroid ultrasound in practice for better pattern recognition and better decisions for FNA
- Parathyroid, pituitary and adrenal clinic and to work with endocrine and general surgeons
- Osteoporosis care, with better discharge planning post fracture, optimisation of bone healing and management of complex metabolic bone disorders and bone biopsy
- Weight loss clinic with multidisciplinary care with bariatric surgeons, dietitians and psychologist as well as pharmacologic management of obesity, metabolic syndrome and care of complex type 2 diabetes patients
- Improving management of diabetes in pregnancy and gestational diabetes in collaboration with obstetricians in a dedicated obstetric medicine clinic
Dr Sharafi has worked in Australia for more than 10 years and obtained his general registration in 2008. He passed his RACP fellowship exam in 2010 and completed training in endocrinology in February 2015. Dr Sharafi worked as staff specialist for six months in Cairns and as locum general physician and endocrinologist in North West Tasmania for five months. These years have provided many challenging opportunities in both inpatient and outpatient settings and connecting inpatient and outpatient care.