As part of UnitingCare and Buderim Private Hospital’s Clinical Governance Framework, doctors across all major specialty groups formally meet on a quarterly basis to review the clinical outcomes of the hospital.
This committee critically analyses clinical results, benchmarks against other health care organisations, reviews clinical practice and advises the hospital with respect to improving patient outcomes.
The Director of Clinical Services is also included in this committee membership to ensure that an interdisciplinary clinical approach to review is undertaken. The hospital’s Director of Medical Services and General Manager also attend each meeting.
Membership of Buderim Private Hospital’s Medical Advisory Committee includes:
- Dr Roger Faint, General Practice
- Dr Ian Mackle, Intensive Care Medicine
- Dr Robert North, Gynaecology
- Dr James Orford, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Chair)
- Dr Alana Harris, Cardiology
- Dr Dhushan Illesinghe, Psychiatry
- Dr David Colledge, General Surgery
- Dr Michael Natale, Emergency Medicine
- Dr David Eckerman, Rehabilitation
- Shane Mitchell, General Manager
- Dr Carl Scott, Director of Medical Services
- Emma Prosser, Director of Clinical Services
- TBA, Anaesthesia
- TBA, General Medicine
Any enquiries for the Medical Advisory Committee can be directed to 5430 3260.