As part of UnitingCare Health and Buderim Private Hospital’s Clinical Governance Framework, doctors across all major specialty groups formally meet on a quarterly basis to review the clinical outcomes of the hospital.
This committee critically analyses clinical results, benchmarks against other health care organisations, reviews clinical practice and advises the hospital with respect to improving patient outcomes.
The Director of Nursing is also included in this committee membership to ensure that an interdisciplinary clinical approach to review is undertaken. The hospital’s Director of Medical Services and General Manager also attend each meeting.
Membership of Buderim Private Hospital’s Medical Advisory Committee includes:
- Dr Kirsten Hoyle, Urology
- Dr Robert Ingham, General Practice
- Dr David Bertholini, Anaesthesia
- Dr Ian Mackle, Intensive Care Medicine
- Dr Beverley Powell, Gynaecology
- Dr James Orford, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Chair)
- Dr Kit Wong, Cardiology
- Dr Ajay Verma, General Physician
- Dr Dhushan Illesinghe, Psychiatry
- Dr David Colledge, General Surgery
- Dr Michael Natale, Emergency Medicine
- Mr Wallis Westbrook, General Manager
- Ms Rae Priaulx, Director of Clinical Services
- Dr Ranjit Paul, Director of Medical Services
Any enquiries for the Medical Advisory Committee can be directed to 5430 3260.