After obtaining his FRACS, Dr Finch undertook intensive fellowship training in Spinal Surgery in Portland Oregon, USA at the Shriners Children’s Hospital and Oregon Health Sciences University and in Birmingham UK, at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Northfield.
He has previously held appointments at the Royal Perth Hospital, Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital, and most recently, as part of the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service as a consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon where he is still responsible for managing general orthopaedic trauma.
Dr Finch specialises in all aspects of spinal surgery and has a special interest in minimally invasive spinal surgery, cervical and lumbar disc replacement, spinal tumors, anterior spinal surgery, adult spinal deformity, disc surgery, the degenerative spine, spinal stenosis, spinal trauma and revision or salvage spinal surgery.
He is an experienced spine surgeon who is thorough in the diagnosis and treatment of all spinal problems.
Dr Finch's professional associations include:
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Active Member of the Spine Society of Australia
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Medical Association
- Member of the International Society Minimally invasive Spine Surgery
- Member of the North American Spine Society (NASS)