Dr Kelvin Larwood
Located on Buderim Private Hospital Campus
Dr Kelvin Larwood is a long term Sunshine Coast resident and is looking forward to continuing to work on the Sunshine Coast as a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist.
Dr Larwood’s university studies include:
- Bachelor of Nursing with Distinction (QUT)
- Masters of Nursing (Critical Care Major) (QUT)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (University of Sydney)
He worked as a nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at Nambour Hospital for six years before studying medicine at The University of Sydney.
Dr Larwood’s specialist training has included experience at Nambour Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital, and the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. For the last two years of specialist training he worked at Nambour General Hospital as a Senior Registrar. This has providing extra experience in:
- Obstetrics including high risk obstetrics such as diabetes, preeclampsia, twins (including twin vaginal deliveries), VBAC, and vaginal breech delivery
- General gynaecology
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery such as Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, endometrosis surgery and complex pelvic surgery
- General gynaecological surgery including pelvic, prolapse and stress incontinence surgery
Dr Larwood is married with three boys. His interests outside of work include cycling and travelling.
Dr Larwood has a kind and gentle manner and is looking forward to working with you and providing you with the best possible care that is evidence based and up-to-date.