Update Wednesday 24 June, 2020
Visitor update information – Effective Thursday 25 June
Due to consumer feedback and the current containment of confirmed COVID-19 cases in our region, we have updated our visitor restrictions.
We ask that patients and visitors follow visiting restrictions and social distancing rules as follows:
- Visitors only allowed between 11am – 8pm daily,
- Each patient may have one visit per day, with no more than two people per visit
- Visits to be for a maximum of two hours,
- All visitors must practice social distancing rules implemented by the Queensland Government.
A manager or team leader of any area may restrict visitors further for clinical or social distancing needs as required. Equally they may make changes to the hours or numbers for end-of-life support or specific clinical needs.
A person may not visit a hospital if they:
- Have been asked to self-quarantine due to travel overseas or have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- Effective from Monday 6 July, any visitors who have travelled to any part of Victoria over the past 14 days are not permitted to enter the hospital for 14 days
- Are unwell in any way, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath
- Are under the age of 16, unless visiting a patient to provide support near the end of their life.
Wards with additional restrictions
- CCS rest time from 1-3 no visitors allowed.
- Special Care Nursery – Parents only. No children allowed.
- Maternity Inpatient Ward – No visitors during mothers’ rest time from 1pm-3pm. No children allowed.
- Mental Health – visiting hours 5pm-7pm
We understand some arrangements may cause distress and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our dedicated teams are doing their best to keep everyone safe and well.
Thank you for your understanding.
Update Thursday 7 May, 2020 - Elective surgery update
Further to the Australian Government’s announcement on 21 April, Buderim Private Hospital is pleased to confirm we have commenced a phased reintroduction of elective surgery from Monday, 27 April 2020 onwards.
We appreciate many of our patients are eager to know when their elective procedure may take place and would like to advise that as soon as your procedure can be scheduled, your specialist doctor will be in contact with you directly.
Update 6:00pm Wednesday 1 April - Emergency Centre information
Our Emergency Centre is open 24/7 for you and your family during this challenging time. Our service is supported by our specialist doctors and comprehensive range of services.
If you are concerned you may have COVID-19, please follow Queensland Health guidelines.
Please note that as part of our current visitor restrictions; only two (2) support people may accompany the patient.
Other ways to stay in touch
We suggest that you designate a family member to be the central point of call to keep your family and friends informed of your progress via telephone. We ask that these phone calls are made after 10:30am, allowing for routine patient care activities to be undertaken. All telephone enquiries should be directed to the hospital switchboard on (07) 5430 3303.
We understand patients can feel isolated while in hospital. Support is available from our Pastoral Care team, which can be arranged by your nurse.
If you have questions about how these actions will impact on your individual circumstances please speak with your nurse. As always, your health remains our priority.
For the latest Queensland Health updates you can visit their website.
Update 1:30pm Wednesday 25 March - Information relating to elective surgery
Buderim Private Hospital is aware of the Prime Minister’s announcement today regarding the cancellation of some categories of elective surgery in all hospitals from midnight tonight (Wednesday 25 March).
Buderim Private Hospital is currently seeking clarity from the Federal Government and Queensland Health regarding these categories and the effect on elective surgeries at Buderim Private Hospital.
Unless we contact you directly to reschedule your surgery, please prepare for your admission to Buderim Private Hospital to proceed as planned.