Access a parent group
Congratulations on your new baby! The days, weeks and months following the birth of your baby will be exciting, joyful and, at times, challenging. It’s good to build a strong network of support to help you through these initial few months.
After giving yourself the time you need to recover, parent groups are a great way to venture outside of the home with your new baby in a supportive and positive environment. They offer a range of benefits, including the opportunity to:
- Socialise and feel less isolated
- Develop friendships with other mothers/parents
- Ask questions, discuss your experience and support one another
- Learn about different approaches to parenting
- Get out and about with your new baby.
Overall these groups provide easy access to a network of people that know what you’re going through, and they can help with a range of issues that new parents face. This can include anything from emotional support to finding the best babysitters in your area.
Finding the right group for you is key. Here are a few tips to help you in your search.