Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons (also known as oral surgeons, dental surgeons, jaw surgeons or face plastic surgeons) can diagnose and treat a range of conditions. This includes through surgical intervention through the following procedures:
- Wisdom teeth and dento-alveolar surgery: Removing teeth can involve cutting the gum – and in some cases the bone (alveolar). The tooth may also be divided into segments to aid removal.
- Corrective jaw (orthognathic) surgery: Correcting irregularities of the jaw bones and realigning jaws and teeth to improve the way they work. This may also improve facial appearance.
- Dental implantology: Replacing a missing tooth by attaching an artificial tooth to an insert in the jaw where the missing tooth’s roots were.
- Cleft lip and palate/craniofacial surgery: Addressing congenital and acquired disproportion of the head, skull, face, neck and jaw, such as cleft lip and palate.
- Facial aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery: Improving the appearance of the face through surgical procedures. This can include rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, facelifts and more.