Many of our surgeries are performed as laparoscopic (keyhole) surgeries. These minimally invasive procedures can be used to diagnose and treat a range of concerns, including:
- Investigating abdominal pain.
- Removing endometriosis.
- Removing ovarian cysts.
- Removing fibroids embolisations.
Our gynaecologists also perform the following surgical procedures:
- Hysterectomy: The surgical removal of the uterus.
- Cystoscopy: A hollow tube equipped with a lens is inserted into the urethra to view the bladder.
- Myomectomy: The surgical removal of fibroids that can cause symptoms such as heavy periods and infertility.
- Pelvic floor surgery: Anterior and posterior repair of the vaginal wall and pelvic floor.
In a Sunshine Coast first, our highly trained surgeon is now offering robotic gynaecological surgery using the da Vinci robot, for patients requiring surgery for hysterectomies, endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Learn more about robotic surgery here.