Our gastroenterologists have the knowledge, skills and equipment needed to perform a range of endoscopy procedures, including:
- Bronchoscopy: Through your mouth to see your airways and lungs.
- Colonoscopy: Through your anus to see your large bowel.
- Cystoscopy: Through your urethra to see your bladder.
- Gastroscopy: Through your mouth to see your stomach and oesophagus.
- Hysteroscopy: Through your vagina and cervix to see your uterus.
- Capsule endoscopy: Swallow a capsule that contains a small camera and light source, which wirelessly transmits images of the digestive system.
Prior to the endoscopy, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history, including allergies and current medications. This information helps determine the right course of action for you.